View Single Post
Old 04-28-20, 01:13 PM   #31
M134
Mate

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by partycat View Post
Oh, I see. Thank you so much for the explanation and letting me know what is the exact thing making hostile torpedoes behave like this.

If I may ask though, is it possible to remove that or make it for both sides instead of only AI? I checked the dll with dnspy a bit but I'm totally new to dll moddings. Tried to remove the code that changes depth sets from 50 feet to 10 feet but it gave me warning when I saved the module and well, game crashed at startup (and I was thinking Skyrim modding was difficult )

I tried your advise, it kinda works but when I do that, I instantly give away my position. They all go active instantly and return fires to my torpedo's bearing. If nothing works, I guess I can just remove the wire guidance from their torpedoes, but I want to leave it as a last result since it would also make things too much easier.

I still can't understand though the logic of this type of behaviour. Because eventhough the decoy has been identified, it's too loudy noise still blinds the torpedo. and the feature should be in my sub and torpedoes too if it's in the hostiles. or even as optional, like Sonar WAA.

By the by, what did you mean by having a 10+ steady contact? I didn't understand that part.
You're welcome)

1.It is already working on both sides since you can manually steer your torpedo into enemy sub, ignoring decoys and noisemakers. It is only fair that AI can do the same. Of course you must constantly override your torpedo desire to dance around noisemaker)

2.Tactics I've posted above is for the case when you're already detected, so there is no point in hiding anyway. If you're not detected you can just send MOSS somewhere away from you and enemy will probably steer their torpedoes after it.
If you're detected and attacked you do not want wire-guided torpedoes near you. It is not very hard to evade wireless torpedos by shooting a pair of MOSS (so torpedoes will travel from one to another), but you can't fool wired that way - that's why you want enemy to accelerate and break wires.

3. Again: Your torpedo may try to chase decoy, but you can override it. AI does the same.

4. In the "signature" tab under "SNS COMP" you can see how enemy "hear" you by active(when enemy is using active), passive and towed sensor. Once any of that numbers reaches 10 - enemy knows everything about you (like when you have 95% solution on target).
Be aware though... this readings are dependant on target solution, since they are something like "If enemy is where we think it is, than it will hear us that good"

What help do you need with .dll? I'm not a coder, but I can do something... I've made "Precise Depth Channge" into Epic Mod recently (Guys here, thanks for idea!) and might help with your attempts. But here it is a bit complicated. Find me in Discord if you need help with .dll modding: Dot#7424
M134 is offline   Reply With Quote