View Single Post
Old 12-23-11, 01:45 PM   #14
Granatowaja
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default solid base for upcoming mods/updates

Hello everybody!
Since a few days I am playing around with the german version and I would say, this title is a must have!
Besides a few minor flaws (line of sight bug through bushes etc.) I have a big problem with the operation editor: it does
not work/crashes.The parameters/features were taken over from the ACHTUNG PANZER OPERATION STAR game engine
and I have no idea, how to get this to work.
The editor manuals are written in russian language,which I am not able to read.The game forum at Graviteam is also in Russian.
Can anybody help me?
The game itself and the quick battle editor run fine without
any problems.The AI does its job well and the player has the ability to call for Air/Arty-support(I love those MIG-27!).
There are no predefined missions, IMO the campaigns are too short and too restricted.Also,handling the M60 Tank is
a real challenge- STEEL FURY was more accessable and made more fun to me.
In a STEEL ARMOR promotion trailer I have seen a quite different terrain/landscape (eastern-or central europe woods
and buildings),but nothing in here in the DVD retail version.
Playing the Iranian side,there is even no air support for you
I have already done all campaings several times in a week
of playing,so the fun is limited.
Restricted to only 2 playable tanks and 3 rather flat campaign areas, I am looking forward to see soon some
updates and mods and more maps (polygons).At least there should soon come out a patch, which fixes the issues.
Like in STEEL FURY, I think the retail version is a good base
for future game enhancements/mods and gives the player
enough entertainment for a while.

Best regards

Last edited by Granatowaja; 12-24-11 at 12:51 AM.
Granatowaja is offline   Reply With Quote