View Single Post
Old 11-10-09, 02:46 PM   #126
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
You mean the Pattern Angle and the Leg? Those work only for the LuT torpedo. For the FaT, in SH4 you can only set the straight run and the second gyro (only 2 values, 90 port and 90 starboard). So I chose to place them on the Periscope Page because they're easy to use. The small red/green switch you can see is actually the second gyro. The Leg dial should allow you to at least switch between 800m and 1600m as it worked in SH3. But it doesn't, it's fixed to 1600m.

But for the LuT, I didn't have space for all of the dials anyway and I couldn't find a way to make a Fat/Lut switch as you have on the Attack Map, or at least show which torpedo is in which tube. Also, even I can't figure out how to set a Lut if I don't see the graphically indicated course on the attack map. Having them on the Periscope screen would've been pointless for 99% of the players.
Ah OK, very logical solution. Sorry for the confusion FAT/LUT, I sometimes tend to mix them up

Coincidentally, I have some scans of an authentic LUT torpedo manual , and if I manage to interpretate what the tables are for, it would be an awesome add-on as slide out in the attack map screen

May I suggest that you reowrk the useless attack screen with your models to make it look like the real TDC and the real torpedo settings cases with a bacground of a wall with tubes, pipes, valves, etc.? Would be amazing.