View Single Post
Old 09-27-21, 08:27 AM   #221
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

4 May 1942

Sumatra
A bombardment task force attacked Palembang, first sinking the lone PT sheltering there and an AKL I was using to run supplies to Singapore. And then driving into a minefield:
DD Kamikaze, Mine hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
CA Kumano, Mine hits 1
The shelling mostly hit the airfield, only one Kittyhawk was destroyed, but facility damage was serious.

A little further northwest at Bengkalis, an enemy sub sank an AKL running resources to Singapore.

At the northern end of the Strait, my British CVBG has been overflown by a scoutplane.

Malaya
We tried to raid merchant traffic at Kuantan, Oscars shot down 2 Martlets, 2 Mohawks and a Wirraway; we got nothing.

SouthPAC
A sub was located and depth charged by the 2 Canadian corvettes at Noumea. They were very accurate, scoring multiple critical hits, which forced the sub to surface, where it was gunned down. The sub survived long enough on the surface to take a torpedo shot at us--the corvettes only had a single 4" gun each, plus machine guns.

The Enterprise-Hornet CVBG was detected by a scoutplane near Fiji--has to be from a sub.

Thailand
No enemy fighter sweeps, and no resistance to my bombing. Weird.
The enemy armies attacked Force Lauren instead, casualties 1278 to 514 in my favor. The enemy troops include elements of the 1st Division, which is a restricted unit--so he's spending political points to reinforce this area.

Timor
He's landing on some of the smaller islands near Timor; close enough to draw a strike from Koepang. Our Falcons hit a troop-carrying cargo ship, causing some troop casualties.

Ceram Sea
B-17s from Darwin hit Kendari, sinking a mine tender.

Japan
USS Pickerel was bombed by a patrol aircraft near Nagasaki. It's headed home for repairs.

Line Islands
A PBY spotted an enemy sub and bombed it. I expect it's at least headed home.

Reinforcements
VP-61 arrives at Alameda (2/12PBYs, restricted unit)
No.110 Sqn RAF arrives at Aden (16/16 Blenheim)
23rd FG/76th FS arrives at Aden (22/25 P-40s)
XV Indian Corps arrives at Madras (Corps HQ)

The aircraft arriving at Aden are already being packed up to ship to India, they'll end up on the frontlines in Thailand/Malaya. The Corps HQ will likely find its way there too.