Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndb View Post
Hello Trevally,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have a problem if I run the 4 bearings Tutorial before going into the History missions and starting the 4 bearings mission.
The tutorial advances the time to sync to the tutorial and contact starts at 03:10 . The only problem is that submarine is submerged when it advances the time by 3 hours and I get very low on CO2.
Before I can do anything I need to surface the sub so that the CO2 can go to 100%.
I now dive to a depth around 25 m. If I go to the sonar room I can pick up the contact and start plotting its course. This all starts around 03:15 Naut.
The tutorial and mission are setup so that the target is very far away.
As I do not know how long the player will take to get through all the map work practice, I have to sync the game so that the ship is in the correct location. This is why time must be advanced to 3.10.

So this is why if you run the mission only - you cant hear the ship (to far away), so 3.10am is when you must take the first bearing.

The CO2 issue is odd. 4 hours submerged should not be an issue for CO2.
I would just ignore it and continue the tutorial.

Quote:
Now if I start the 4 Bearing Mission without first starting the Tutorial the mission time is 23.0 naut. The sub is -25 m and a heading on 90.
If I go to the sonar room and manually check for contacts using the hydrophone I get nothing.

Hope you can help.
If you want to practice the 4 bearings method without the tutorial running - you must (as you are doing) advance TC and keep checking sonar. As soon as you hear the ship - take your first bearing.
Now because the target ship may now be out of sync - the stated bearings from the tutorial will no longer apply. This does not matter - just continue taking the bearings until you have enough information to plot the target course.
Then plan your attack etc