View Single Post
Old 11-13-19, 08:12 AM   #8072
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
It may be what some 'fervid pro-Trump defenders' are saying but it is not what I am saying. If and it is still an if, Eric Ciaramella is the whistleblower his history is not a secret nor are his friends and associates.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/10/eric-ciaramella/

Alexandra Chalupa is one of the more interesting 'friends' that Ciaramella has.

https://amgreatness.com/2019/11/11/i...ine-reporting/

What's that old saying ... “A man is known by the company he keeps

Still, regardless of all the Trump minions and Trumpettes blatherings, the substance and specifics of the complaint have, as much has been made public, been borne out by the testimony in the depositions, the statements of minions like Giuliani, among others, the White Hose Transcript/Memo, and various other revelations. Whoever the WB may be, at this point, it is almost irrelevant to the process as it goes forward; there is too much corroboration to make anything the WB could add or say to really make a difference, one way or another; the WB, at this point, could neither further the defense of Trump, nor the efforts to impeach him. Whatever the background or associations of the WB, the facts are the facts, the testimony of those so far deposed, and who will soon testify in public hearings, has not only substantiated the main claims of the complaint, and who or what the WB is will not change any of that; I still fully expect the WB will, eventually, be called to testify, but, really, what could their testimony do to alter what is already known, or may be revealed, in the coming hearings?...

In the end, whatever action will be taken will have t be based on the facts, testimony, and evidence gathered, presented, and vetted by the House Committees, hearings into what Trump and/or his minions did or did not do; the WB is not the one accused of violation of the Constitution and the law and the WB is not the one who will face possible legal ramifications from the Trump & minions' actions. The persons accused are Trump and his administration and only the evidence or testimony relevant to the Trump & minions is what will matter; and there is ample evidence even without the WB, including the big fat present Trump gave the DEMs with that Zelensky transcript. And the loud cries, wails, moans and bitching by Trump, the minions, and Trumpettes about 'second and third hand' information and 'hearsay' have all but been totally dissolved by the depositions thus far by first hand witnesses backing up the WB's complaint(s); the case has gone past the speculative to the factual...

Besides, no matter what the background of the WB, what, legally could be done to s/he? Charge them with perjury or lying to federal agents? That won't fly because proof of corroboration kills those charges. Sue for defamation? Again, moot since pretty much none of the WB's complaint has been proven false. Really I can't think of a credible, reasonable charge or suit to be levied; maybe someone else can...

It should be kept in mind the charges and allegations against the Trump White House go well beyond just the Zelensky phone call and the claims of extortion and abuse of power. There are also the questions of violations and/or compromising of National Security, coverup of possible criminal acts, witness tampering, subornation of perjury, obstruction of justice, and probably several other legal woes for Trump...

One event going on now may have other grave implications for Trump going forward: the trial of Roger Stone. In what has been rather surprising testimony thus far, one of Trump's own people served up Stone on a platter and, in the process linked Trump and his campaign to Stone's misdeeds, all but saying Trump was more personally involved than Trump has publicly stated. In addition, Stone's own former right-hand man, Rick Gates, has furthered the evidence of a direct connection to Trump and Trump's knowledge of and complicity in Stone's activities. The biggest problem for Trump may be his written responses to the written questions posed by Mueller during Mueller's investigations, which are being contradicted, under oath, by the accounts of Bannon and Gates. If it is proven Trump lied (and, I know, Trump lying is hardly possible ) in his responses, he is open to charges of lying to a Federal Agent, at best, or direct perjury, at worst, either of which is, actually, a Federal felony and an impeachable offense...

Trump 2016 details hidden in Mueller report revealed in Roger Stone trial --

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/12/polit...tes-testimony/

And what has come out is only the result of two witnesses' testimonies. There is more trial to come and, if it amplifies on what has come so far, future charges of campaign law violations and obstruction og justice may loom on Trump's horizon...

My medication has finally begun to kick in and I need to ride it out; I guess I'll have to settle for watching the first day's hearings later on YT...

<O>