View Single Post
Old 04-15-19, 08:12 PM   #29
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by freqimann View Post
i figured that would be messy. if someone already had this problem, why make a new thread? when i post, this thread gets bumped to the top of the list. correct?
True, the cream rises to the top. I always forget whose thread I posted in though...

Quote:
is the 128 limit you speak of a soft limit? i'm able to exceed this, it just bogs down the sim and starts getting SLOWER the more i increase. that defeats the purpose of TC. any tips for dealing with this, if that is the case?
That is a cfg file that limits the TC when you have damage. That's not what you are encountering, from your description. 128x is often the maximum that the game will "play" smoothly when near a lot of traffic, such as when near a harbor or bay with a lot of traffic in it, or when near a battle scene. There's usually not too much to be done for it, other than try to makes things more efficient for the game.

Quote:
-i'm using a mod that decreases the amount of enemy air traffic. that's it.
If that's the Webster version, that works good. However, it is NOT for ver 1.3 of the game...

Quote:
-Path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific

-Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5GHz
8 GB RAM
Radeon RX 570 4GB?
good path to the game, excellent computer specs, even if a 1st gen i5 (which it's not, since it's 3.5GHz). Plenty of RAM, good vid card...

Quote:
update: successfully removed UBM DLC. it involved a complete reinstall. after going through and setting up things the way i like i found that all map measurements are in nautical miles rather than yards. i'm willing to put up with a lot from the downgrade, but this is harsh. calculating speed using tenths of a nautical mile? what a nightmare. i havent really bothered to test if this works. the absence of yard measurements is just to distracting to get deep into a patrol.
That is v1.3 - it did not do "measurements" correctly. Most of the mods you will find will be for v1.5 (Uboat Missions) of the game. A very distant second would be v1.4, and very few, if any, for v1.3

Quote:
another thing: is the steam version really locked at 1.3? i read a thread saying that yard measurements could be taken in 1.4, but i don't see that in the version i'm using.
You cannot use the Ubisoft v1.4 update on the Steam version of v1.3 - it just will not do it. You have to "update" to the Steam version 1.5 Uboat Missions add-on when doing Steam v1.3. Steam with Steam.

Make certain with the game that you have the correct executable file with the Large Address Aware set on it. When doing that, make certain that the executable is not write-protected, else the LAA will fail, without message. With your computer, you should not be experiencing bad lags, unless you run into a lot of traffic in the game. Make certain that the video display driver matches the "Native" ("Recommended" in Windows) resolution of the display monitor (unless you have a CRT), and that you have the game set to the same resolution. Do not do any "over-sampling" or anything like that, because that will add overhead.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote