View Single Post
Old 10-17-10, 12:51 AM   #1602
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default October Release Preliminary Report

Hi Zee and fellow ZW members.

I have finally managed to successfully test the October beta release.

i'll sum up my findings with a three letter word; WOW! Fellow ZW an friends brace yourselves you are going to love it!

After an unsuccessful instllation on my laptop last night .I installed successfuly but it did nto overwrite the original files s I looked for new chnages scratching my head all along I decided to give a night sleep.

|I did the installation on my pc with Windows 7 and it worked very well. I played the first new Soviet mission.Wow!Lots of T34s and SU85s attacking a great sight to see compared to the paltry Soviet missions in the original games with a dozen tanks or so.Great atmosphere, wide open spaces, artillery and guns pounding.Within 5 minutes I received no less then 6 hits and my tank was disabled.I looked on as my fellow Red tankers surged forward.I took quite a beating.....

I played the new German number 2 mission as well and with nice changes.I almost succeeded but I was so taken by the new gorgeous Tiger looking at it from the outside ) that I got killed by a SU while staring.There were barely 2 Sov tanks left.I finished the mission with 8 tanks and 3 AT destroyed.

One bug I can report.When tabbing the missions at the end the T34/76 are not displayed nor counted in the final tally.I killed 3 T34/76 on the road and they were not counted nor could I see them displayed amongst the kills.

Otherwise, great new Tiger although I hope that in the final alpha release they'll have camo colours?They're nice in Tan but they need to get dressed.

The new Tiger works very well and the speeds have been adjusted realistically so no more speeding Tiger.This is great.I also like the new display panel with the word "brake" on it.Very clear.

I also like the Panzer IV G in the new camo.I'd like that camo for our new Tigers.

FPS-wise, very good fps from 33 to 60 in the German 2 mission and 11 to 15 in the new first Soviet mission heavy and replete with tanks and artillery. It's normal that the fps would go down but even then it played smoothly.

Great accomplishment Zee.I also like your new intro when the game starts very nice .Unfortunately I have been unable to test more as I have chores to do.But I will continue my testing later today.

Thus very positive first impression I'll give it a 9.5/10.Only one minor bug reported.Otherwise very stable and very spectacular.

Excellent work Zee your members are going to be delighted.Thanks and tanks

It's Tanksgiving early this year...

Cheers and much to rejoice
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote