View Single Post
Old 06-23-17, 04:27 PM   #40
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz33 View Post
It's not un-finished. This is not a Sub stations simulator, it's a sub commander simulator. As a captain, you have crew that does all the other stuff for you. Your job is not to sit in front of the waterfall or plot TMA on a chart. The lack of a helm command is an oversight but it's being addressed.
Not unfinished?
I am the Captain?

Please, spare me these mantra-like excuses.

If I am the Captain, why must I drive the boat manually?
If I have a crew - where are their voices, their feedback I need so badly as CO?

Right, not there yet, hence: Unfinished.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz33 View Post
Too bad you're missing out on a great sub sim (a true sub commander operation sim vs a sub stations operator sim like all the SH,688,DW junk).
Really? "Junk"?
"True" sub commander sim?

Go play Fast Attack if you want to catch a glimpse of what that means in the realms of PC simulations. There's nothing better than that when it comes to "be in command!" feeling.
Trashing these established simulations shows where you're coming from, really.
Also, in DW, for example, you can have your crew manage every station automatically, "being the Captain".

So much for your implication that this "junk game" forces you to stare on some waterfall.
It doesn't.

Meanwhile in CW, the player is kept busy by flying his own boat.
Ridiculous.

CW gives you the feeling of being a robot-sub with boosted capabilities fighting dumb enemies that ground themselves or go beyond crush depth while pinging like maniacs.

No one mentioned stations. So don't even try that straw-man.