View Single Post
Old 11-08-08, 05:32 PM   #20
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

I still don't see what all the commotion is about. As I say, my experience has showed no problems at all with the game or the DRM. I will acknowledge the fact that Jim isn't exactly the most diplomatic developer of all times, but I strongly suspect that there's a silent majority of players who've really not had much in the way of issues and are generally satisfied with support.

I welcome productive criticism of the system and pushing SES to change it, but I'm really irked at the whole "DON'T BUY IT" thing. Gee, thanks for killing people's interest in a rare, quality simulation that's already a very niche product to start with. Honestly, the ability to play a game that has simulation fidelity, gameplay and servicable graphics, which is well-supported and promises good multiplayer also, far outweighs the silly idea of "ownership". I paid $60 for Distant Guns two years ago, had nary a problem, and consider myself to have got many times more gameplay value out of it than the average X-Box game which, oddly enough, costs just as much.

Also, I find the idea that "because you don't own a hard copy you've got no guarantee you'll have it tomorrow" a bit ludicrous. There haven't been many (or any) major games that I know this actually happened to, for one; and secondly, this assumes that hard copies last, which is also highly untrue.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)

Last edited by CCIP; 11-08-08 at 05:36 PM.
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote