View Single Post
Old 09-13-09, 09:12 AM   #2
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

FAQ:

1) What's the release date?

Really. You should know better than to ask something like that.

2) How large is your mod team?

We have about 3-4 core members, with several subsimmers offering assistance.

3) How do you expect to accomplish this?

Note that this is a modding project that encompasses work for another major game; I've had a bit of a head start with the work. Plus I have a large amount of research materials & ship models from the Merchant Fleet Mod and prior work. Additionally, this will be completed in installments; warfare off the European coast will have top priority. Additional nations, etc may or may not be included depending on where we need to concentrate.

4) May I join?

Sure; please contact me and BE HONEST ABOUT HOW MUCH TIME YOU CAN DEVOTE. Also please be prepared to contribute work of reasonable quality/accuracy.

5) What are the system requirements?

Ideally your system should exceed stock SHIV requirements, due to the more detailed vessel models and higher resolution textures. Precise reqs are not available yet.

6) Will [insert my favorite unit] be included?

Not sure. Although we appreciate unique vessels, more common ships from major navies will have top priority. If you want a unit included, PLEASE help us out, whether it involves modeling or research.

7) What does this mean for the Merchant Fleet Mod?

The MFM will serve as a basis for shipping in this mod. Another modder has volunteered to continue to work on it (although I will also still be involved). As stated above, the MFM ships themselves will not be included; they are being replaced by more detailed models. I am attempting to have a smaller number of base models, used in conjunction with the node system to add variety. Early results seem promising.

8) What do you need right now?

MODELING NEEDS

-Assistance with submarines and surface vessels; I can do the merchant shipping and some of the warships.
-Help making playable submarines, especially animated parts, deleting torpedo tubes & torpedo firing buttons in the interface, etc.
-Help making smoke floats, small arms, & flares.

PRIMARY RESEARCH NEEDS

-WWI flotilla organization (very important)
-Ranks on board typical submarines (how many officers? Enlisted men?)
-Photos/maps of Allied & Central Powers ports
-Photos of naval explosive charges
-Historical changes to minefields between 1914-1918
-Positions of lightships & lighthouses
-Closeup shots of light naval weapons (12 pounder, etc.)
-Photos of British airships
-Photos of German naval uniforms & decorations. Research on different decorations amongst regions in Germany.
-Close-up shots of sub conning towers
-More profile drawings of subs, especially with below waterline view

Last edited by iambecomelife; 10-01-16 at 09:03 PM.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote