View Single Post
Old 12-01-20, 06:18 AM   #730
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Well I know what would I want to make, something like friendly kill - a warning, second - another warning and third kill- court martial and the end of career. Unfortunately, as far as I know this is not possible in SH5.
Oh, that would be very nice indeed, but I am afraid that it places us in the field of daydreaming. The maximum I can imagine - and I am not even sure that it can be done - is narrowing down the "friendly sinking ctd" bug and trying to fix it.

After the removal of tonnage requirements, TWoS campaign is heavily based on renown. Indeed, deck gun shells and the most basic torpedo types don't cost any renown. That's fair, as there would be no point in sending a toothless steel wolf out in the ocean. Nonetheless, the most advanced equipment is not cheap and, IIRC, even the assignment of new U-boat commands is based in part on the renown of each captain. Loosing a conspicuous part of their hard earned renown, thus being condemned not to use the newest technology advancements for a long while, would be an harsh enough punishment for our inattentive comrades to induce them not to repeat twice the same mistake
gap is offline   Reply With Quote