View Single Post
Old 08-15-20, 05:03 AM   #3
StealthRabbit
Silent Captain

Downloads: 288
Uploads: 0

Eee-yikes. That was some "Fix" someone came up with to counter the Ground Hog Day causality loop phenomenon. For some reason it reminds me of the way gunshot wounds where treated in the Civil War.

"What's that? Been shot in the leg have you? We can 'fix' that. Here, bite down on this stick while these four guys hold you down so I can hack... er I mean, cut off your leg."

"What's that you say? Ether? No no no, no ether. We ran out of that two days ago. But don't worry, you'll probably pass out as the pain gets unbearable... hopefully."

Well, the Civil War analogy might be a little severe. But in this moment only a little.

The way it happened to me in the game was I asked for the transfer which I got, as always, and there I was in Scotland, behind the desk looking at the map on the wall, just like I should have been. However when I went to get my orders they where for a mission in the Pacific. I can't remember exactly where now. This happened like 2 weeks ago.

So I would have to sail from ever-lovin' Scotland all the way to the Pacific to complete what ever incredibly important earth shattering urgent mission that apparently only I can complete. After completing this apparently war saving mission, I would have to sail all the way back, only to end this marathon from hell of a mission in that modern day summer vacation hot spot, warm and sunny Scotland. No, wait a minute... not warm and sunny. No, I meant cold grey and dreary, God forsaken, bad food, worse weather Scotland.

I could always just not do the mission I was given and just stay in the Atlantic. That is always an option. The problem with that is having never played in the Atlantic I have no idea what missions you get there, so I wouldn't know exactly what to do. If I did decide to do the round the globe marathon to complete the mission in the Pacific, it would take a hell of a long time to do so. Like I said in my first post, I could un-check realistic fuel usage for that mission only and just travel everywhere at 'All Ahead Full' or 'Flank Speed' which would save a little time.

Well, it's something for me to think about for a while since I erased that save a few days ago. I will most likely do it the next time around when I do another campaign.

Would you recommend disabling all my mods and then re-enable them with RSRDC being the last one I re-enable? Could it make that much difference?

Thank you for the timely response and your time in a timely way.

-StealthRabbit

Also, to all you Scotts out there. (I'm looking at you Macgregor the Hammer) I was joking about Scotland. I am sure it's a lovely country. And any guy that wears what looks like a dress (I know it's called a kilt) the traditional way with no underwear in that weather year round has my respect and is plenty tough in my book.