SkyBaron
Lieutenant

Downloads: 673
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Fantastic video

Brings me few thought, though
Will it work with french azerty keyboards?
Will it work with others language menu?
Will it work with others UIs?

This is exactly why I need to beta-test it first! I'm not sure but I believe it works with different languages/keyboards. This version is compatible only with TDW's UI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Are you running the game windowed or full screen? Something tells me you're running it Windowed

It works in both windowed and full screen modes. The simulation was implemented using Python, SH5's menu editor and A LOT of trial and error. There's only one external .dll I created in C# to read the cypher codes,group lists, bigram tables, etc in text files. It works pretty much like any other UI page. The Enigma machine is made up mostly of buttons, hidden buttons and bmp arrays.

Quote:
I have an Enigma simulator that looks very familiar to yours. Did you design yours or is it someone else's?
For the decryption logic I adapted a 3-rotor Enigma simulator code I found online(there are tons of them), with the author's permission and credit of course, that's the only thing I didn't implement myself.

I designed all the UI graphics elements myself in PS based on pictures of the M4 Enigma (that was a lot of work for me, but I was on vacation then ). Like I stated on the first post, I based the layout and UI "flow"(click spot positions, opened cover/closed cover states, rotor positions, etc) on Dirk Rijmenants’ popular Enigma simulator. That's probably the one you're referring to. I contacted him before starting the UI layout and will credit his simulator as inspiration. He did have the code for his simulator but I didn't use any of it because I already had my own version implemented.

Anyway all Enigma simulations will be graphically similar at some point because they are simulating the same machine. He was also very helpful in helping me understand the Kriegsmarine deciphering procedure that is implemented in this mod.

Quote:
Just a little FYI there is a special color for Engima coded messages with my UIs mod. I believe the color is yellow IIRC.
I didn't know that. Do the messages need to be on a specific .txt file like the campaign ones?

SkyBaron is offline   Reply With Quote