View Single Post
Old 04-19-21, 09:24 PM   #574
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
If I remember right Floyd and Chauvin also had past history outside the police force. He was accused of passing one $20.00 bill and it never should have escalated to that point over $20.00. There is enough there to show the police had a hand in it instead of cooling down and letting him go. It's not as if they didn't know who it was and could issue a warrant, and them again, it's not my town and I wasn't there.
There is a difference between someone who goes to the ATM to extract cash that later turns out to be counterfeit vs. someone who knew they were paying counterfeit money. Could they have written him a ticket? Sure, but that outcome is predicated on not being a complete jerk and not being cooperative. Had Floyd said, "Hey, I don't know it was counterfeit - I got it as change when I was at the store," he'd have been out a fake $20. Had he said, "yeah I knew it was fake," but otherwise been cooperative, he'd have gotten a ticket. Instead, he was uncooperative (exacerbated by being high) to the point of needing to be restrained. The Wash Times article below is quite enlightening for those who've only seen the story as reported by CNN or Yahoo News...

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...d-police-body/
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote