View Single Post
Old 11-30-13, 12:06 AM   #15
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Keeping 'watch' on Das Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Hotcliff View Post
Guten morgen Aktungbby,
I couldn't help noticing your "U-boot uhr"..very nice.
Attach a pic of my recently purchased, genuine replica of the German "Kampfschwimmer uhr"!
It is my Swedish military-history club that has manufactured it in a series of 1000 pcs, based on original drawings..all sold out first week.
Attached pic file.

Vorverts!
Gute to see another "horologist" on board; I collect watches and go to watch festivals (Basel) and have a pleasing collection including all the family pocket watches some of which are over 100 years old; Some of my employment involves high-end jewelry security so I see some nice pieces. I also do security at government confiscation auctions so there are bargains. Spent the day at Harrods in London a year or so ago and spent the whole time in the watch department mostly looking at an IWC perpetual calendar that sings to my left wrist but the price was well beyond me with Christmas at hand and a daughter still in college! PM when you've another replica batch for sale, I like old military watches too! Merry Xmas

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 11-30-13 at 12:56 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote