View Single Post
Old 02-07-08, 03:35 PM   #10
Zantham
中国水兵

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango589
Using a program called CPU-Z,I have found that my computer is using 2x1GB RAM in single channel. It there a way to change my computer to use the memory in dual channel, or is this fixed?
Really need to know the model numbers of the RAM and motherboard to answer this question properly.

Generally if your computer will support dual-channel RAM, it will automatically enable it at the appropriate speed. This depends on your board supporting it, the RAM being dual-channel compatible (best results from dual-channel kits, but mix-matched RAM can work sometimes but not recommended for best performance), and your motherboard and RAM being compatible with each other (not generally a problem, but there are cases of certain brands of RAM not working or working poorly in some boards).

Some motherboards have a setting in the BIOS where dual-channel can be enabled or disabled, you might want to see if yours has such a setting and that it is enabled. You do get better performance on dual channel than single channel.
Zantham is offline   Reply With Quote