View Single Post
Old 06-03-20, 03:50 PM   #1787
DURUK
Shore leave

Downloads: 95
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
It is easy to make a mistake but once you have the hang of it, it is very easy not to <g>. I would recommend doing a complete new install. Delete everything including the relevant file in your Documents folder. It may be called something different but similar with your OS.
After that, just install the base NYGM mod ONE AT A TIME meaning:

NYGM 2.5
NYGM New
NYGM 3.6
NYGM 2017

Do each one at a time, start game, check out the icon issues you mention. You should not be having those problems.
Once this is done through all four of the above files, we can move onto other mods. I don't believe these files are the problem but one thing at a time will save time/effort in the long run.
Hey John, I struggled a bit more with trying to fix it before removing everything (updated sh commander as it was supposed to be, activated h.sie's supplement folder and stiebler's fixes as the last mods only before envsimact_10) and while it seemed to remove the icons, there still were some other issues so I decided to do everything from start as you advised with a clean install. Even reinstalled sh commander and jsgme. I've read the related readmes and instructions and activated mods accordingly (current modlist below). Admittedly, I could not check whether the problem persists with the application with each mode since the icons did show only for merchants (seemingly only in convoys) and only in campaigns For instance no ship icon could be seen in the single mission "Wolfpack". Also, the friendly/neutral shipping at the start of campaign patrols in your base do not show any icon. While just now, I activated the mods on top of a clean install of SH4, started a new campaign in 1940, 2nd Flotilla, set of from Lorient, spent one hour just managing tired crew members, got an convoy reported from BDU, plotted an intercept course, just to find all the merchants lined up on my map Just quit the game with frustration.

Also checked the tga's as advised, the ones I believe are relevant (UnitMShip.tga, UnitMShipL.tga, UnitMShipM.tga) are the same files in the game directory and NYGMV2.5 mod (all created on 7.10.2005).

Anyway thanks again for helping, would appreciate any other insights.
Current Mod List
NYGM Tonnage War V2.5
1500 meter bearing overlay (optional from NYGM V2.5 - not overwritten by any other mod)
CaptainAmericaOfficerIcons (optional from NYGM V2.5 - not overwritten by any other mod)
Enhanced Nav Map Plotting Tools (optional from NYGM V2.5 - not overwritten by any other mod)
NYGM Tonnage War Minefield Mod (optional from NYGM V2.5 - not overwritten by any other mod)
NYGM3 New
NYGM_6F
NYGM_2017A
Harbor Traffic Add-In
Hitman Optics NYGM 3.6 (Fixed)
IABLShipsforNYGM
Alternate Dial Faces
Radio Deutchland
Radio England
Radio Francais
Radio USA
NYGM HiRes Submarines 3_6F
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Stiebler4C Addon for V16B1
O2-Gauges v2 (from h.sie's patchkit / but will remove this since couldn't get this to work either, eventhough I select the related mod from the options selector)
EnvSimAct_10
DURUK is offline   Reply With Quote