View Single Post
Old 10-03-16, 08:29 AM   #2276
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie
seriously... ID'd the plane and all visually, little white star on the wings, I'm flying a US flag on a Porpoise Fleet Boat, and I hear gunfire, so I crash dive, avoid right, avoid left, and right into the first bomb he dropped, and it hits the conn... Now, I basically invite the planes to come look at me sometimes, "testing", so I've been attacked over a dozen times by them.

I'll have to ask CapnScurvy if the airplanes' pilots have a Friend / Foe ID function in their AI for US subs

Yes, expect the friendly AI to target you from time to time. There's a parameter for what percentage of an AirStrike will involve friendly fire.

The outside "Free Camera" is great to work with when you use the "Pause" key to stop the action. I've used it after firing a Deck Gun shell at a target. I'll pass by the shell in mid-flight, set myself on the target ships deck, then un pause the action. The shell sound of incoming fire is very realistic!

For planes, it helps to know where to look. Follow the plane to a position where you think you have its bearing on the Nav Map. Go to Free Camera then Pause the action. Look in the general area of the planes relative bearing to the sub. If the plane is not visible...try the Zoom feature. You may try to "move" into the general area of the plane to see if you can find it. Their small and hard to find but the closer the plane gets, the better the chance of finding it in mid-air.

I'm not sure if the Next/Previous Unit keys will show a plane......they will when its a ship.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote