Old 07-14-10, 11:52 PM   #3
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
Well, here are my opinions on the subject:

- With the new community developer having been assigned by Ubi, and with the way he is aggressively searching for information regarding a possible patch,
Even with the possible release of a new patch, that really has little impact on forming a team. It will take time to determine objective and direction. Hopefully by the time the team begins to gain that focus any patch will have been release. Even if a patch is release after the team has started work, it should not require to much work on any one person as the workload will have been devided into special focus area's.
Quote:
- Also, as Privateer has pointed out several times before, we do not have all the tools we need. And, we don't have enough information or knowhow built up with the tools we do have. This problem is constantly grounding people's work.
Tools could be the primary focus as the team begins to form. Finding Tools, Creating/Testing Tools etc.
Quote:
- On the other hand, as everyone who frequents these forums knows, I strive to ensure compatibility between my mods and other people's mods, and it is extra work to do so. That is one of the reasons why me and BIGREG are working together now, since we both have files that affect the interior, it is easier for us to keep things compatible by working side by side. The same would obviously be true on the large scale, so, you have a very good point there. The conflicts between mods are getting maddening.
You. Naights, BIGREG, Conus, Sober and whoever else is making or has made interior MOD should be working together and stop pushing/poking each other. If the people I mentioned here all worked together, just imagine what you guys could do and how fast it could be done. Lots and lots of talent running loose right now. I say snag the talent now while they are fresh/willing/ready and produce some of the best work the Silent Hunter Community has ever seen.

Quote:
- Now, of course cooperation would greatly speed many modders up. Heck, I have been clamoring for any information/help I can get with my interior mod because it simply takes too much time~
All the research has already been done, many times over. Look in the SHIII/SH4 forums. These forums are loaded with the information and pictures you are looking for.

Quote:
On the whole, I would love to see more cooperation, though I am really undecided on whether or not a super mod team should be formed. If others would be interested in forming a super mod team, I would be happy to help in any way I can if my help is wanted.
Team Work == Cooperation. If cooperation is what you are looking for, then there is NO DOUBT about forming a Team. Patches do not matter. Continued Ubi support does not matter. Focus, Cooperation and Team Work is what matters, nothing else...

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote