View Single Post
Old 07-12-17, 04:00 PM   #13
stormrider_sp
Planesman

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXNightEagleXx View Post
It seems to me that the TMA is just simply too perfect once you reach high amount of intel. It reacts too much in real time with extreme precision. You can see the aiming point moving with excessive accuracy whenever the target changes course and/or speed. If i'm not mistaken TMA requires an amount of data collected in a lapse of time to elaborate correctly any changes and even more if there are multiple and abrupt changes .

I guess that rather than using directly the actor vectors (eg. velocity), which is probably what devs are doing, they should use others method that relies on known data history to elaborate the aiming circle. That would still be a simplification but closer to TMA behavior which is more liked.
Not only data collected, but accurate TMA also require the receptor vessel to manoeuvre several times during the collection process in order to receive the signal from different bearings as stated in Fast Attack's manual:

Quote:
Change your course by at least 60 degrees and attempt to cross the
track’s bearing. When determining firing solutions, you should
change course every 10-12 minutes.
After changing course, your sensors are in a new location and, thus,
detect the track from a different bearing. An accurate firing solution is not
affected by your change in course, as your sensors detect the track from
the anticipated bearing. An inaccurate firing solution, however, causes all
new dots to be out of alignment.
It's in special during these situations that one notice the amount of simplifications and shortcuts that made its way into this game in order to shorten the overall development time.