FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungPao View Post
Hi all
Thank you for your answers.

After four months of play I finally got some feeling about TMA. Well, TMA still drives me mad. Sometime looking at all the dots in a curved sharp makes me feel very bad. Fortunately I am not a perfectionist, I understand not all dots can be straight and I can live with that. As you guys mentioned, many times the problem is not about TMA ruler, but is about data accuracy.
Like most other skills, I can tell you all you want about it but until you start actually practicing, it won't really stick. So, I'm glad to hear you're getting "seat time" with it! The best way to improve is to keep doing it.

Quote:
About the TMA ruler, I still have a hard time to understand how it works. But it doesn't matter, my brain doesn't know but my hand knows how. Just like how my middle school geometry teacher trained us, "You don't understand how I solved the problem? Fine, hand copy my formula 100 times then I will explain why." Asian education.....
The ruler is sized to a certain speed. When the dots line up in the ruler, that means the solution works at the speed given. Does that help at all?

Quote:
Here I have another question about TMA
After entering a firing solution, LOB contacts will change into a solution. Can I change the solution back to LOB contacts? For example, I found out this solution is not correct, or I do not have time to keep tracking a zig-zag fishing boat, so I would rather to have LOB contacts on the map to increase situation awareness?
Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way. What I end up doing is dropping the track and re-marking it.

Quote:
I usually extend the TA to 1/3, running at 5 kt. I noticed that usually it will take 2 min for TA to be straight after you hear "steady on course xxx” , of course the TA is already in a curved shape before that . So at least the one dot before this and two dots after that are very likely bad data.
This is good advice. The towed array doesn't gain any sensitivity past a certain point (about 1/4 to 1/3 for the TB-23) so keeping it only partially deployed will allow it to become straight more quickly after a turn. The only reason to extend the towed further is if you wish to dip it beneath a layer or through the shadow zone.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote