Old 06-05-20, 10:01 PM   #21
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Downloads...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wood View Post
First time ever had trouble with download. Dopey me. I was expecting a pop out window prompting the download. Not here. It just downloaded it without telling me. Found it by accident, just now, when I went to my download folder looking for a download I just made for Skyrim. What did I find? SilhouettesMerchant01(1).7z through SilhouettesMerchant01(34).7z. Looks like it worked ever time, but did not notify me of anything.

Thanks.

Sounds like that you need to go in & set downloads up to ask where you want to download to, so that way.. you don't end up with that happening again.

Easiest way to do so is through the settings menu for the browser your using.

That is what I'd strongly suggest here for you, as it is what I have set up with each & every browser I've used.. and I've used about all the major 1's that is known of. IE, Chrome, Firefox/Waterfox, just to name a few of them.

As it stands right now, I only have 2 on My computer... the dumpster fire known of as Edge (only still there, just to avoid any possibilities of Micro-shaft, aka Microsoft... pushing it back on in their updates present or near future... ) & Opera (supplied with ad blocking & a VPN option which I rather enjoy and have pretty much made this My primary browser... ). I'd strongly recommend Opera. Short of using TOR browser.

Hope this info helps on avoiding issues like this again, bud.

Mad Mardigan