Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 03-02-17, 04:57 AM   #3972
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0
Default Bouncy Life Rafts

On several assigned patrols in a current career under FOTARSU v0.52 (and other versions before that) my orders were to transport either soldiers or agents to a point and set them ashore. With only one exception where the sea was glassy smooth, launching the raft resulted in a wave immediately flipping the raft upside down even before anyone boarded. The intended passengers then boarded the raft, also upside down, and proceeded on their merry way. While this does not affect gameplay as far as I can tell, it is a bit disconcerting to see those guys in such a deplorable condition! They are paddling away like mad, bodies under water and paddles in the air!

Is there a way to make the life rafts more stable? Someone has done work on them previously, because I recall seeing them spinning wildly hundreds of feet in the air after leaving a sinking ship! That seems to have stopped. Don't mind seeing the enemy having a tough time in a raft, but my guys need to be able to survive the raft trip to shore. Thanks!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote