View Single Post
Old 04-07-13, 08:27 PM   #13
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
I'm not saying that the CG doesn't deserve a museum...I'm saying that the monetary thinking behind this isn't making me happy.

The Coast Guard does some good work on and over our oceans. I respect them just as I would any other military member. They do deserve a Museum...but we shouldn't cut Air Force and Navy programs to do it.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

You do understand that each branch is responsible for their own budget right? That means that the USAF and US Navy chose to cut the display teams.Those programs are very expensive a museum short of initial build cost(normally funded by several means so truly a technicality ) costs relatively little to operate in comparison to what a display squadron costs.

Both the Navy and USAF chose to keep their many public museums because those combined do not even come close to the monetary requirement of a display team.

Do you have any idea how much it costs to operate the typical squadron of combat aircraft just on a monthly basis? A lot of money.My unit in Germany just a part of the support for a squadron of aircraft had a monthly allotment of $500,000.00 and that went quickly many times we had to get a little creative towards the end of the month.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote