View Single Post
Old 09-01-08, 12:53 PM   #16
AJ!
Commodore

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1
I like PotBS very much (Though I still think introducing the Supernatural content was stupid), but I guess it's a matter of taste

I would also like a game that accurately depicts 18th century naval combat though
Supernatural content?
I played PotBS a few months ago and found it alright. I liked the naval combat because it was light hearted and looked nice. I gave up though because im just not a mass multiplayer person. I think the problem is you have to dedicate too much of your time to leveling up which just makes me think i could be doing something better with my time. I got to level 13 after hours of playing and as always with these games it gets to the point where it takes 3 hours just to level up once....

Back on subject though i do hope they do a half realistic job here. It looks fantastic so far but the one bit i didnt like was those trails left by the cannonballs. I know the odd shot would leave a faint trail but these are full on white lines
Have a good look at one of the first broadsides in the trailer if your not sure what im on about.