Old 02-26-21, 03:50 PM   #6497
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Hello Gorpet, thanks for answering.
I admit i did not know Florida had 67 independent counties . So you are not allowed to leave one without an 'official' reason? But i take it this this a temporary Corona thing?
Catfish, My posts #6464 and # 6465 are a bit misleading and i'll correct this. First we have no travel restrictions here in Florida. In the 90s Because of carjackings, theft and murders of local people and tourist who crossed into different counties we were given the option for a few dollars more i might add. To replace the name of county we were from to having just "The Sunshine State" at the bottom of your license tag. And in my line of work i was always provided a company vehicle so no need for me to drive my personal vehicle to much.

Also you can transfer your tag to the next vehicle you purchase and buy a new sticker every year to keep it legal. So i and other Flintstones like me still run around with our county names at the bottom of our tags.You just get a bit more scrutiny from LEO agencies after 10pm . We have Stand Your Ground law's here for years so the crimes i mentioned earlier dropped drastically. Hope this clears it up for you. Sorry Jim
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote