View Single Post
Old 02-03-21, 12:06 PM   #838
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomSubRat View Post
Awesome mod, great work! I encountered a small problem and hopefully someone here will be able to help me. It's 6th june 1940, im in 1st flotilla (hoorah for IIb boats) and the game doesnt let me depart. When im trying to start a new patrol im getting a message "Error: objective not found" and there is no start button. Is there any way to save my career or am i stuck in my room in Kiel forever?
Two things most likely:
1. Failure to clear the Save folder
2. (most likely) Bad assignment
There are two sets of North Sea assignments. One for the IIB, and one for the IIC. However, as much as the game likes to run over dates, you might have a North Sea assignment that is dated prior to March 31, 1940, and not one you can use in June. To check that, open the Save folder and check the CareerTrack.upc. This is generally found in "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4 \data \cfg \SaveGames \000000xx \CareerTrack.upc", or by use of the "Documents" shortcut in File Explorer, and then the SH4 path. If you have used MultiSH4, that would change the name of the SH4 save folder, of course. You want to find the numbered folder ("000000xx" above) with the latest date. Open the CareerTrack.upc with a plain text editor, such as Notepad, or Nortpad++, and look for the line "PlayerCurrentObjectiveCode= WhateverTheAssignment", which in your case will either be "NorthSea2" or "T2_Shetlands". Let us know what you do have though, or if you hadn't emptied the Save folder prior to starting Dark Waters. Your sub does pass to Training on June 15, 1940, and in theory, you should be re-assigned to a Type IIC after that date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 View Post
Greetings; if i may, i have a quick question to run by you:
if memory serves right, system limitations of SH4 prevented the snorkel to work as intended. Is this the case (still) ?
The snorkel "works", but it doesn't... ie: You will still experience CO2 build-up in the submarine, and will have to surface to clear that...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote