Old 02-08-23, 12:51 PM   #464
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I disagree…

When I was referring to the 9mm being snappy it was in regard to what some (including me) perceive as a ‘snappy’ felt recoil inherent in micros like the 9mm P365. Those pistols are small and some people (not all) don’t like that perceived lack of control it creates. Which I think arises from the fact that grips on micros aren’t long enough for a shooters pinky finger to wrap around and grasp, some people just can’t get used to that. So Sig and others make excellent magazine grip extensions and though still snappy it gives the shooter a better sense of control, the XL size helps with that too. Both options still keeps the firearm concealed quite well and remains comfortable for all day carry. Which is important too, it’s called conceal carry for a reason. You don’t want others to know that you carry especially if you run across some Karen who sees it, accuses you of brandishing weapon and decides to call the cops while you’re waiting in line for your fries at MacDonalds. IMO part of a conceal carry responsibility is being as discreet as possible but still pack a punch.

As for .380 it is thought to be a bit more forgiving. Hence my comment for ladies and Nancy boys that can’t deal with that ‘snappy’ felt recoil of a micro 9mm.

But you’re right if you can hit your intended target a 9mm or .380 is more than capable of doing the job. Also just FYI according to FBI statistics the vast majority of personal defense shooting situations occur with 12 feet. You really don’t need to go big or have some elaborate laser or dot sight or ‘tactical’ attachments, forget that crap. You just need be able quickly draw, point, shoot and hit the target and if possible do so without looking down any sights. Learn to use that thing we all have, a natural point of aim. And remember a CCW permit does not make you a crime fighter or a super hero. It is strictly for your own self defense.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-08-23 at 02:40 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote