View Single Post
Old 01-29-06, 09:27 AM   #39
Hatch
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellman
Like many, I have followed this 'debate' and remained on the sidelines.
From the SCS forum posts I had concluded that a 'bait' was in progress and had to force myself to follow the thread here.

Hatch rightly tested the 'modders' defences and I think most of his criticisms were answered in detail and with
admirable restraint, (generaly.) Let's hope that the excellent advocacy shown will win more and more converts
for LwAmi, and other mods with w.i.p.

Thanks to sonar732 we have a great summary but that doesn't detract from the excellent contributions
from the likes of Molon, Mahuja, OneShot and TLAM.

The way you have conducted yourselves speaks volumes for why this community is 'simply the best.' :|\

Thanks to you all.
Actually Mr. Bellman, there was no bait, I started a thread on the SCS forum called "Sonar operator not calling incoming torpedoes?" within that discussion, Mr. Lutwolf asked what was behind my thinking not to prefer or even to consider MODS, I obliged and responded to his challenge, then Mr. Xabarus suggested I move the discussion here to continue a healthy and respectful debate on this issue.

http://www.sonalystscombatsims.com/p...opic.php?t=310

So you see, the connotation of "Bait" does not play a part here, I could say I was "Baited" into moving the discussion here, would you agree?

Still, and to make matters clear, much of my arguments stand as they were presented, the fact that I tested the MOD and was convinced by its improvements to the game, does not invalidate the fact that MODS still have no following from the general public (In regards to this particular MOD, I find that is a shame having seen its contribution to it) you didnt disprove that argument, the fact it is extremely difficult to win over a larger audience without a visible, explicit and advertised nod of approval from the developer stands as I presented it. As far as my critism of amateurs and tinkers is concerned, I concede the point as I have praised the work you have done.

But the controversy over credibility which was my main point remains untouched sir.

We can argue for as long as you'd like over these and other issues, you'll find that I could have sold a machine gun to Ghandi. :rotfl:
Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote