View Single Post
Old 03-25-23, 02:10 AM   #19
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I was diagnosed Type 2 over ten year ago and honestly this should not and need not be a big deal. Take the sensible steps you will receive from your medical practitioner and everything should be okay.

I take two tablets a day and all is well.

Now Type 1 is a totally different ball gam. My friend Sailor Steve was Type 1 and some of the stories he shared with me were quite concerning but still controllable as long as the medical advice was adhered to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRivet View Post
You're right about that one

My wife brought home some colas for me to try (I usually drink sugar free soda)... read the label and about crapped my pants

serving size, one can... 101% of the recommended daily allowance for sugar

i thought - man if you had one with lunch and one with dinner, you have had a TON of sugar. needless to say i rationed them out about a quarter bottle at a time over the course of a few weeks. but still. many dont read those labels. or they overlook them entirely. before you know it you have had a Month's worth of sugar in a matter of 4 days

and fast food burgers especially, the buns... its like meat between two slices of cake

Whoa, how did I not see this? Everything that Sky said! Try and go low carb or keto as much as possible! I've been T1 for 40+ years. Frankly, I'm not sure, why i'm still alive? I'm essentially a T2 now, because my insulin to carb ration is really low! If I go full keto, I don't have to take any extra insulin, my pump can handle it! Stay the hell away from rice! That f-s up my blood sugar like nothing else!

1. Don't get discouraged!
2. Find a diet you can live with.
3. See your doctor as often as possible, meet with a diabetes educator. (By doctor, I mean a diabetes doc, NOT a general doc) General is better than nothing, IF there's no diabetes doc around.
4. Get a blood glucose monitor that goes in your arm or stomach, or wherever. If you can afford it, I currently use the Dexcom 6 (it works with my pump), but something along those lines. CGM-continuous glucose monitor.

Are you on the FB Markus?

https://www.dexcom.com/da-DK