Old 07-11-20, 02:07 PM   #67
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default To reduce HUD, mini-map and Panel size

Quote:
Originally Posted by M134 View Post
It is in AppData regardless your installation path. AppData is located in "C:\Users\(your username)\AppData" and is hidden.
You can also press windows+R and type appdata in input line
Thank You, M134; it works!

With M134's expert directions, see info below for what I did and results:
To modifiy HUD, mini-map and Panel size, Etc.:
Windows Key + R, type AppData, click on: LocalLow\Killerfish Games\Cold Waters\ (open) Options text file; within the top line of text, find HudSize=0 and change zero to a negative number. I’m initially using -3 with my 1366x768 resolution lap top. Be sure to save the original Options text file by renaming it as options-original just in case you have a problem.

Results: Using -3 for Hud size, below table is the height of panels on the left with mini-map open (since its the tallest) excluding the Helm, Depth & Sensor panels which I moved to the right of mini-map in the center.
0 = 3.4” tall with min-map open
-1 = 3.25”
-2 = 3.12”
-3 = 2.9” (seems right & gives all around better visibility than stock)
-4 = 2.75”
-5 = 2.6”
-6 = 2.4” (almost too small to read)

Mini-Map (open) & Sub & Torpedo Info Panel with Hud Size=0 is 3.4 inches tall x 3.25 wide
Mini-Map (open) & Sub & Torpedo Info Panel with Hud Size=-3 is 2.9 inches tall x 2.75 wide

Helm, Depth, Sensor Panels beside the Mini-Map with Hud Size=0 is 2.25 inches tall x 3.25 wide
Helm, Depth, Sensor Panels beside the Mini-Map with Hud Size=-3 is 1.75 inches tall x 2.75 wide

Condition, Signature, Etc. Panels to far right with Hud Size=0 is 1 inch tall x 5.2 inches wide
Condition, Signature, Etc. Panels to far right with Hud Size=-3 is 0.8 inch tall x 4.3 inches wide

Let me know if anyone needs changes to the default text file to modify your Helm, Depth, Sensor to be stacked in center, right side of mini-map. I had a hard time finding the changes that would center & stack them on my laptop since the panels wanted to overlap when placed side by side in the center.

Sorry this is so long but some of this modding info is difficult for us to find. Hope this is helpful.

Edit: After resizing Hud, I changed a keystroke within the game's Options page that apparently offset my manual edit to Hud Size within the Options file where it had reset to zero. I changed it back to -3 like it was and things went back to the way I wanted both keystroke and Hud size. M134 made mention to this happening in his post #62.

Last edited by von Zelda; 07-11-20 at 06:46 PM.