Old 07-10-20, 09:24 AM   #62
M134
Mate

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Zelda View Post
GSmith,

This morning I rebooted Steam and Cold Waters with the 1990 Campaign mod.

Update:
The problem with the little warship and the merchant buttons is still present in the Single Missions. But, they work perfectly in a Quick Mission which I did not try last night. They very well may work in the Campaign mode but I've not tested it out yet. Assume that they do until I have time to start another campaign. I will let you know.

Its amazing to me that they work in the stock game, 2004 Campaign mod, Quick Missions in your 1990 mod but not in the Single Missions in your mod. Campaign and Quick Missions are more important to me than Single Missions so such a little glitch won't bother me; I can live with that.

I'd still like to know if there's a way to slightly reduce the size of the HUD, mini-map, panels, etc. that overlie the map. A little smaller would help.

Thanks for your attention.
Here's Badger's translation of my workaround for hud size:
(post at https://steamcommunity.com/app/54121...8258838/?ctp=5)

Автор сообщения: Badger343rd
I just read of the epic form that they figured out how to resize the hud smaller...

"I’ll duplicate the information, as I recall, the players were interested in the issue of reducing the had when playing at low resolutions. Unfortunately, it is still not clear whether this can be done in a “human” way, but a workaround has recently been discovered:

To make the smaller size hud, enter a negative value in the file ... \ AppData \ LocalLow \ Killerfish Games \ Cold Waters \ options.txt in the line hud size. Keep in mind that it will be reset the first time you enter the options in the game and you will have to manually change it again.
For comparison, screenshots at a resolution of 1280x720 are shown. Reduced Had and the smallest possible through options"

What I just discovered is it CAN be made permanent if you simply changer the file to "read only" in it's properties after the edit,FYI
Yep, that was me again) figured that out recently... I didn't mentioned read-only, since you had to turn it off anyway if you want to change something in options. And if you do not go to options - reduced hud works just fine. But its a matter of taste...
Unfortunately there are too little usage of that option in the code, so I can't figure out where I can apply changes to make it adjustable trough the hud slider( So guess, for now, we're stuck with this "beta-then-nafing" method...

P.S. I found that -3 is good for my 1280x720
Screenshot: [prnt.sc]

As for buttons - probably some mistakes in mission files..
M134 is offline   Reply With Quote