View Single Post
Old 04-20-19, 02:05 PM   #3
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMaschina View Post
Hey all,

I was looking for a type XXI for operation monsun with all techs in 1939, but as for now i am running into not working links for old mods, or - having tried to mod it myself, into crash to desktops when selecting the submarines in the drop down menu

I know this will be easy mode but I wanna try it.

Any advise?

Thanks
welcome to subsim.
good luck with your attempt. why do you want to have a 1945 submarine in 1939? none of the other equipment for that boat is available, especially the torpedos. what you want to do is probably possible but you would have to modify all of the Type XXI files for not only the boat but also for related equipment aboard her. then you would have to modify the flotilla and base files to create a physical base and an administrative structure for the boat. then you would have to modify the career files to allow yourself to start a career in 1939 and to be assigned a Type XXI at an operating base with an operating flotilla. then you would need to create missions for the Type XXI.
lastly, the items above are the items that i can think of right here...right now. there are probably other issues which i have not recalled which will also need to be on the list of things to-do.

get the picture?
now...do not misunderstand me...what you want to do is possible but it is not an easy task.

good luck, kapitan!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote