View Single Post
Old 06-12-20, 05:58 AM   #16
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260
Uploads: 0

Talking about viruses, I remember when I was fairly new to the Internet and I got an email saying it had detected a virus, to get rid of it install this cure.

So being green at the time and panicking I installed it, activate this scan then got a popup saying it had detected the virus but only the full version could get rid of it.
To get the full version pay £XXX etc, luckily I told someone at work and he was PC savvy, he told me it was a scam, then he googled it for me and said you will have a job getting rid of this, and he helped me, he found a cure and sent me the information of how to do it.

Another time this was years alter I was at work and there was a young lad who I liked from another company in our control room.
He was working on a computer altering the program, he was very clever, we got talking and the subject of viruses came up, then he told me he had written a few.
I asked why he would do things like that, he said it was a laugh, I told him I thought he was a moron and and never spoke to him again.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote