View Single Post
Old 09-18-10, 08:07 AM   #25
rocketassistedkea
Swabbie

Location: New Zealand. Yes...that's the bit of spit on the bottom of the earth, that's about to fall off.
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

New stormy water looks great, the movement looks just right;0)
Been looking at 'Silent Hunter 3/4 youtubes too...have I been missing out on more than I realize? Everything sure does blow up a lot, even heavy cruisers and battleships [not sure about that]...but it'e real purdy.Could it be, that if you can appreciate a good subsim...then perhaps the richest of all gameworlds, is yours?
I digress.

Looks like [explosions drain power, ipod touch/fondle's 1ghz] if you can just secure the mass and movement of the explosions first...if you can get that; that's enough [plus dynamic random floodings-which I know you're doing;0)
Won't take over from desktop games; as those are pretty much the most impressive explosions ever...graphics do matter [but then computers are expensive, buggy, prone to break down, and require constant upgrading...before replacing outright....]b
Just thought I'd have a rant there. Hey, what sank Atari? Reliability and games. Even though my 600 and 130XE still work today...my friend got the same computers at the same time; and they were totally stuffed within a year.Why do you think I haven't owned a computer since? Iphone/rug constantly scans for updates/patches, and automatically applys them...so.....A whole new market for games;0) It can do 2d shumps pretty much perfectly too, great ones like Dodonpachidaioujou...that means pretty much perfect control, to me;0) I'm sounding like an apple fanboy now [I'm not, really, and aren't writing this on an....anyway];0)
It's a novelty having a 'puter; so just talking to myself. Move along, nothing to see here.

Z
rocketassistedkea is offline   Reply With Quote