View Single Post
Old 08-09-05, 05:51 PM   #9
SeaQueen
Naval Royalty

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyg00
I disagree strongly with that assessment. Realism may suffer somewhat due to time constraints (it's hard to get people to sit in on a single MP session for more than a couple of hours), but it is still an important consideration for me when I create my MP missions.

TG
What DW really needs is a 72hr MP mega-scenario for ASW. Feel the burn baby!

The study would be my CIC... I'd have to rename the dining room the "wardroom"...

I agree with you, though. Much of what makes a scenario compelling is that it's a big "what if" based on historical, projected, or current circumstances. Multiplayer or not, something about it has to capture me. Otherwise... I might as well be playing Doom.

I think there's two kinds of people that play DW, though. At least, from what I've seen. One is has some kind of real-life experience with naval issues, and wants to use it as a way to play through things they think about. The other kind probably hasn't had any real life experience, and is looking for a pickup game with their friends, and captures what they read in Tom Clancy novels or whatever.

I'm not sure both camps can ever really be totally satisfied.
SeaQueen is offline   Reply With Quote