View Single Post
Old 08-09-05, 04:50 PM   #7
timmyg00
中国水兵

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

I agree that Single Player missions are more conducive to realism, in that the player can spend much more time on them. However, if you create the mission properly, you can simulate realistic engagements on a shorter (MP) time scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKO
So Timmy, you will be VERY VERY restricted in the choice of your theatres.
That's wrong. I can put my missions anywhere in the world with great success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKO
I can say, as usual MP player, I never had people saying, during the mission, they don't like it because it's "geopolitically" unrealistic.
Well good for you, I'm sure you're very proud of yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKO
If you always try to have geopolitical realism, mission have DEEP chance to be bad balanced, just because if you do this, one side will be MUCH more strong than the other (US to name it)
Then it is the duty of the MP mission designer to balance realism with gameplay, and use his or her creativity if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKO
Replayability is a probably one of the main factor to consider => dynamic group (to have something different each time) coupled to dynamic locations can make a mission replayable lots of time with different conditions.
I'm well aware of that. I have a lot of experience with such things from Sub Command as well as DW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKO
TimmyG00, I don't know how much often you play on MP match, but as regular player, I can tell you the more important is the quality of the engagment, and not the name of the boats ...
I'm not sure what you mean by "the name of the boats"... that sentence made no sense to me, unless you are advocating the use of, for example, the FFG to simulate an equivalent ship in a Russian CVBG... This is part of what I meant when I mentioned "creativity" above. Mission designers should have a sense of creativity in order to overcome the occasional lack of playable platforms in the game (meaning DESIRED playables, like no Russian surface forces) and also to overcome the relatively short durations of Multiplayer matches.

The bottom line is that you CAN have a respectable degree of realism in a multiplayer match. You simply must have the right stuff

TG

Naval Historical Sites - Photo Galleries
timmyg00 is offline   Reply With Quote