View Single Post
Old 10-01-08, 04:20 PM   #53
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
How anyone can claim to know what the ideals and beliefs of the team are, especially when not having been a member or part of said team is beyond me. :hmm:

I also suspect that many subsimmers on this forum are far from being labelled as having "limited capacity to appreciate change".

Surely many of them have come to terms with the changes brought along through each successive release of the SH series .
It is very easy to claim to know the ideals and beliefs of the team. You have plastered them all over the forum! I am only repeating what you and others of the GW have said many times before. A more difficult question is how anyone could remain ignorant of your ideals and beliefs. I am sure if I were wrong privateer would correct me and I would admit misunderstanding the situation. But I have not misunderstood and do indeed claim to know what the GW have stated in writing many times. Must be some sort of miracle or something.

I said some have limited capacity to appreciate change. You said many are far from qualifying for that quality. Linguistically, the word some is usually used to mean a minority much less than 50%. Typically the word some is used to paint the believers of a position you wish to discredit as being a small, marginal and inconsequential group. The word "most" always refers to a majority. However you fall considerably short of claiming a majority for the reasonable position with the word "many." I find that we are in perfect agreement and your adversarial tone is misplaced.

I would disagree with your last sentence and reword it to say that "most (not many, which can refer to a numerous minority) of them have come to terms with the changes brought along through each successive release of the SH series."

But not being a member of the team I suppose I don't have permission to say that.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote