Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish Games View Post

Originally Posted by Chief
Is this Killerfish responding to Drydock Games TF Admiral

Nope.

War on the Sea is the game we have always wanted to make since Pacific Fleet all those years ago and it has been in development for years, well before we learned of TF Admiral.

Plus that's just not how we do things, we have to be passionate about the games we create and have always focused on making games we want to play ourselves.

At any rate in some sense, TF Admiral is more of a reply to Killerfish than the other way around. If it hadn't been for them to lead the way and show the world that the niche still had potential, we wouldn't have started making our own game anyway. So kuddos to them.

Then in terms of gameplay element & content, clearly the only thing we share is a common love for the naval part of PTO, and that's about it. They have a strategic layer that we didn't plan to approach before way later in the series, and taking GNB2 & TF1942 as inspirations in that regard are a guarantee that it cannot go wrong.

On our end, we're more of a Carriers at War affair on amphetamines. GNB2 & TF1942 never made CaW irrelevant, and the other way around is true enough too. At the end we might have some common stuff in surface combat as far as mechanics go, but it isn't our focus right now - just like over-detailed carrier ops are probably not to be the main feature of WotS either (tell me if I am wrong of course KF ^^). So everything is fine and there will be plenty of stuff for everybody. More than that, I think that we will be filling different expectations within the same niche, and it's more than alright by me. I am a player too, and I know that I want to play War on the Sea as much as you people do

Cheers & best of luck!
Amiral Crapaud is offline   Reply With Quote