View Single Post
Old 06-26-20, 03:32 AM   #1
Stevan_Segal
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Some questions from a newbie

So I love playing this game although I have never really understood the technical stuff like how to detect enemy ships and get firing solutions so I mainly just play for fun. Now I want to try and get better but have a couple of questions.

1) So I usually just make a simple mission in the editor and practice playing as the Seawolf-class sub against Russian ships. One problem I seem to have is that no matter what I do the enemy ships start pinging me as soon as the mission starts so I feel like I am detected really easily. I usually just go deep and try to remain as silent as possible. What are the best things to do when getting pinged to keep you from being detected? Also is going deep always best against surface ships?

2) How can I identify a ship with the scope? The other day I did a mission and decided to come up to periscope depth and I was able to see the enemy ship which I think was a Russian Vishnya class ship. I marked the ship and heard the crewman say he had a new contact at that location. I also took a photo of the ship and compared it to the database of ships however I still couldn't get it to show a positive ID for the ship and display in the map view and had low confidence. Shouldn't viewing the ship through the scope at least give you a positive ID of the ship so it actually displays when you click on it?

Thanks
Stevan_Segal is offline   Reply With Quote