View Single Post
Old 05-25-20, 08:54 AM   #4
La vache
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 193
Uploads: 0

I know that on the subject

Quote:
The compressed air gauge (i.e. Manometer) was a little bit offset by stock. The maximum pressure of compressed air (CA) was 205kg/cm² in reality, but the original dial only went to 200kg/cm². Oakgroove then exchanged the dial from a modern 600kg/cm² disk, but the real value of 200kg/cm² maintained. Beyond, oakgroove had to deal with the different minimum / maximum indicator positions of both 2D- and 3D-gauges. That´s why he changed the numbers into a non-continous row. In fact, this manometer went from -30 to +630 kg/cm². As a result, the instrument was rather useless. The kaleun could see if CA was used, but didn´t know how much nor did he know how much reserve left (really important in real life!!!).

When I was trying to figure out the function, I found some pictures of U-995 in Laboe as well as from U-505 in Chicago, where original instruments (250kg resp. 300kg) were mounted. Then I found a picture from a matching manometer in the internet, corrected the values in the .sim-files and now we finally have a compressed air gauge that shows the correct values!
Bordinstrumente_Patch