View Single Post
Old 12-23-20, 03:45 PM   #70
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Unfortunately, they don't say what type of multiplier, such as one seems to be as it is written, while the next seems to be a percentage, but I am never certain if I'm dealing with 1 x 0.0001, or a 1 x 0.01 when they say '0.01' for some of the settings. In other words, is it really a one hundredth, or is it one one hundredth of a percent, which is a "one ten thousandth"... lol
Hi Beanie, your doubts illustrate pretty well why I prefer formulas to textual notes. Airfield and night modifiers for sure are simple multipliers (1=100%).'Probability Increase' factors are not that clear though. They might be in percent (1=1%) and they might be actually added to the calculated probability. If that was true, supposing that the calculated probability of an airfield spawning planes is, le'ts say, 20% and a 'Probability Increase on Player Detection' of 40 applies, the final probability would be 20% x (1 + 0.4) = 28%

Quote:
The only way to find out, is to do a series of tests with only one airbase with only one air group with a very limited supply of airplanes, and see what happens when the enemy is detected...
I agree

Quote:
AI visual, and other sensors also come into play, and not just for the airplanes.
You are righty. In the worst possible scenario, if two enemy airbases were placed within each other's range, aircraft from one of the bases would trigger a response from the other base and viceversa. Unless aircraft "availability" is considered, I suppose that would trigger a endless loop of violence lol

That would be a nice testing situation btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I'm not certain the game considers the plane's speed. I would imagine the game considers the plane type also, especially if the detection is a long way off.
If memory serves, once TDW said that aircraft had to be within n minutes (travelling time) from an enemy unit for them to be considered for a "response" strike against that unit, "n" being a function of the loigical steps setting. Not 100% sure about that, but if that was true, faster aircraft would have an higher chance to spawn since the would cover the same distance in lesser time than slower ones...
gap is offline   Reply With Quote