View Single Post
Old 10-23-19, 01:34 PM   #5
lowbow
A-ganger

Downloads: 350
Uploads: 0

I'm fully aware that Uplay and Ubisoft are on the face of it the same, but 'under the hood' so to speak it is two different animals in how the install & execution of the game is delivered & works.
Fellow subber 'propbeanie' (in previous post here) just proves that not having 'Uplay Client' is the way to go.

A Uplay SH4 Gold download installs differently to a SH4 Ubisoft install, but you don't know that until it's on your system.

Bottom line is if you use 'Uplay downloaded version' then you have no option but to run it through 'Uplay Client' & this prevents multiple installs & save games working as they should.
Just make sure that you get an UBISOFT version & and NOT UPLAY & you'll not have any multi-installs problems. Believe me they are two different animals.

That is why I'm imparting this info. To try and save anyone the money, time and grief if they intend to get the game to run multiple installs with different mods & save game locations.

At the end of the day it's you're call.
But if I save somebody some time, grief, and some money then that is the sole intention to help anyone on this great site.
lowbow is offline   Reply With Quote