View Single Post
Old 07-08-20, 07:01 PM   #17
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The "PhotoValue=" and the "MinPhotoValueThreshold=" are interrelated, but I cannot remember how... divisible by 2? or maybe it was an even divisible of any form... I would have to try to find my old notes for those, which might take a long while (I don't remember which drive they are on, much less which folder they're in), or do more experiments, which would also take a while... For testing purposes, I take those PatrolObjective missions, and add a submarine in just outside of the circle, and then "Save Normal Mission As..." to a Single Mission. That makes it a pinch easier to deal with changing the values. But the ship's Sea folder cfg file "RenownAwarded" also plays in the equations. which is why these foto missions without a given "target" can be so difficult to fulfill. If you have a given target, you can set the values to a known-good value. However, if you or a group of airplanes happen to sink that particular target prior to fulfilling the objective, why you are just out of luck, because it can be most difficult to match the PhotoValue with another ship's RenownAwarded value...

This is why we have a dedicated PhotoTarget in FotRSU, and why lurker made a couple for RSRDC. That way, you can set their RenownAwarded much lower, making the "math" of PhotoValue versus MinPhotoValueThreshold much easier to deal with...
first off, thank you for sharing what you know.
and for that i will share what i know.
quid pro quo in its highest form.

i did some testing and i am still not sure of the formula for success with photo missions.
PhotoValue Renown of Ship that triggers success
900 900
4000 40000
2120 40000
212 2120
900 2120
50 3300
50 2200
50 4100
50 150 - Not
50 200 - Not
50 500 - yes

clearly more testing is needed.
OR
someone who has the secret formula needs to come forward so that i don't have to waste time figuring out the secret formula.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote