View Single Post
Old 05-05-10, 05:25 PM   #93
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by comet61 View Post
Sorry...no other mods were loaded after Magui. I learned the lesson of loading anything after the initial load. I always roll back prior to new mods.

So I opened up the Camera.dat in the *.rar file. Guess what? Only 2 entries in the periscope Optics section: 1.5x and 6x...no 15x. I edited the lines and added the 15x. I went and checked the Obs scope optical parameters...it was OK. Why is this? I have no idea. There was no "cross-filing" that I am aware of. I keep all older versions in their separate folders to minimize confusion. Once de-activated via JGSME (Magui 3.1) I deleted all Magui files (older ones). SH Commander always rolls back after I am done in the sim. Then I load files usually 1 at a time. I have created a mission with nothing but the uboat and utilize the blank campaign mod to check all new mods. Magui 3.2.1 does work flawlessly, so no problem there. But on initial checking in the blank mission to make sure that Magui and it's add-ons were working I fiddled with the Attack scope and all I got was 1.5x and 6x....no 15x. I tripled checked it, made sure I was not mistaken. Just the 2 views in the attack scope. I did in fact switch over to the Obs scope to make sure I didn't have them backwards....nope. So, I checked it out for a few minutes before I wrote the post concerning the views in the attack scope.

Not here to create a problem. The problem is solved as far as I am concerned. Perhaps I got a "rogue" file, I don't know. Not sure what happened. On another note: I do in fact edit other files to suit my needs, but they are very minor.
.....thats very strange Comet !

becuase i just downloaded the MaGui 3.2.1 and opened its cameras.dat
everything is ok in there ,i see three entries for the zooms.
you must open the cameras.dat of MaGui's files BEFORE you install it to see if it has three zooms.
DON'T open the cameras.dat from the data of silent hunter(after you have installed the mod) becuase if something is messed at your installation you will be not able to see the three zooms in there.now, if you did so, again i am telling you that your installation for MaGui is not correct and the only problem will possibly not be only that with the zooms.
but as long i see the three entries for the zooms at attack scope in MaGui's files and these entries are not showing in your install the only thing that i can think is that you have messed your install

ps: i didn't say that you are trying to make trouble ! i said what you must do in order to have valid comments becuase with all these mods conflicts out there, is pretty easy (and more possible) to be an ''install'' problem than a 'bug' of mod . you can be sure that if indeed was a bug i would have correct it

Quote:
Originally Posted by java`s revenge View Post
I have took the fix from your website...

Here is a screenshot,
that fix is for MaGui v2+ .as i told you, you must run the fix for the current version of MaGui .the fix is in the .rar of MaGui 3.2.1
navigate through the contents of the .rar and you will find it .
if you run MaGui 3.2.1 you have to use the fix called '' FM_NI FIX for MaGui 3.2.1''
Also ,everything you need is inside the .rar of MaGui 3.2.1 .i am telling you that becuase ,as i see from your pic, you have the casing for stealthmeter but not the sub's icon so you haven't use the ''optional-no stealthmeter for MaGui 3.2.1'' but probably you used the optional for an older version

my advice is to delete everything that involves older versions and keep only the .rar for MaGui 3.2.1 .all you need are in there

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods