View Single Post
Old 01-30-09, 11:14 PM   #42
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letum
Tell me what they did in their role as soldiers that deserves the slightest bit of honor.
The same as any soldier, fought for their country.

Quote:
Don't tell me they had nothing to do with the political Nazi party! The German military
was the only reason the Nazi party was still in power.
Ok, they were under the government of lead by an Nazi leader. That's about as much they had to do with it. And by that I mean, most of them werent nazi's.

Quote:
As humans that dies tragically through no fault of their own, the deserve statues, but
as soldiers they deserve nothing what so ever.
And I say again, some of the german Wehrmacht and even SS showed bravery that no other soldier had shown to that day, and that is a fact, said and written by many historians.

As for the statues, why there's statues for allied soldiers? Not because the were brave or elite, but because the won the war.

Quote:
There certainly should be a monument to them, but one that is is memory and morning
for them, not one to give glorification of their military endeavor. That would sicken me.
I feel like repeating myself, but let's take another approach. Let's say, you live in a street X, on the next morning you watch the news and hear that on that street X, a murderer has been arrested. Now, the next you know is that the police is knocking on your door, you open in and they arrest you. You ask them what the heck is this and they answer "A murderer was living on this street, all living on this street must be murderers too, so we arrest everyone."

See, this is exactly what you are saying about the german military in WWII. Some do bad things = everyone are bad.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote