View Single Post
Old 05-29-19, 10:27 PM   #161
agathosdaimon
Planesman

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

hey Bracer that all sounds great - i must confess when i played the game, i didnt use the radar, as i was in the game and didnt jump out to try and find the keys regarding how to operate it.

all your implementations are good - a central rudder option is vital as at the very least without any visual feedback one wont know if they are still turning or not and so just putting the ship on the straight and narrow again will at least alleviate some of the disadvantage of moving from the gun view.
- perhaps just the '0' key on hte number pad of something will do for a central rudder key - or the "/" key
maybe space or mouse left button to fire the guns in the gun view and by default its will fire all available guns and for single fire - c foe Cesar, B for Bruno and i forget he name of the 3rd turret

will there be also later an AI that will do the firing if say you are not wanting to do it yourself - ie, like Auto option in Great Naval Battles

regarding damage also - do you have that fully modelled yet? does something like "plunging fire" exist - such a hit could devastate the cruiser entirely from the range the battle starts from

it will be good to have a few more similar engagements created ahead of the campaign you plan on - battles against BBs and Cruisers and groups of destroyers closing in ready to release torpedoes - trying to steer the ship to avoid torps coming in at different angles and sides could be a challenge
then also random battle generator and the historical ones such a Northcape 1943 and a variant of it where Gneisenau is also coming to the rescue
agathosdaimon is offline   Reply With Quote