View Single Post
Old 10-21-20, 06:07 AM   #10946
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

This on a day when a political scientist from Harvard university and former adviser to Kissinger warns of Weimarer conditions in America and democracy being overwhelemed Yes, the threat is real, I see it the same way.
The issue is that science does not play the biggest role for some Trump fanboys these days. Be it climate change, be it Corona, be it trade, be it whatever where science is involved including what y mentioned (and it is common sense under historians that democracy is not a given fact for any country, it is hard to understand why somebody can think of the opposite).

They are searching instead with a magnifying glass to detect dirt on Biden (hint: they will find it) and seem not to be able to watch any reasonable TV interview with Trump (the town hall meeting last week is a highlight regarding this) and that you cannot do marks on a paper fast enough to protocol his lying, denying science or not taken responsibilities for errors or for anything. Then y hear answers like "he is playing just with the moderators, he knows better". Ok, a look at the WHO dashboard or his political decisions regarding climate change is also then playing, I guess...

That is the one thing why I never joined and will join a political organization: You can discuss opinions, you can have different opinions and opinoins also do not always need to be based 100% on facts (although it would be good). But I would have never the energy to constantly discuss with people about facts, especially these days with the net. You always find a crazy scientist (or lobbyist) who deny facts like climate change or a doctor who claims HIV is not a virus disease. It seems everybody has a link ready for the next conspiration theory these days. What a waste of time.

Last edited by Hawk66; 10-21-20 at 06:17 AM.