View Single Post
Old 07-27-12, 06:33 AM   #56
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Default SH3Menu_Renumber

In view of people's problems with some of the more complex instructions of the Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1, I have placed two files (7-zip format) on the NYGM website at SubSim.

1. For NYGM users:
NYGM_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1.7z

Download it here:
http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/NYG...n_for_V16B1.7z

This folder (when unzipped) contains the exact installation that I have on my own computer (install it with JSGME after NYGM 3.6B), except the SH3.exe file itself, which you must make yourself for copyright reasons.
Remember to install the mods in the correct order:
a) NYGM 2.5 StandAlone; b) NYGM3_New; c) NYGM3.6B; d) Hsie's folder 'Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)'; e) NYGM_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1.
You must add your own patched copy of SH3.exe to item (e) before installation, place it next to the modified envsim.act file.
Don't forget that you must first use H.sie's V16B1 mod to patch your copy of stock SH3.exe, and then patch this new copy of SH3.exe with the Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1 patch as described in the patch's instructions. Then add the double-patched SH3.exe to item (e) above.

2. For users of stock SH3 and other supermods.
I suggest that you download NYGM_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1.7z in order to study it, and the way it is put together (including a study of the menu_1024_768.ini file, and the en/de_menu.txt files).
However do NOT attempt to use the unzipped folder in your game! It will definitely cause CTDs!
Remember also that your version of the unzipped folder MUST have the folder NYGM_Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1\SEA removed completely.

3. For those users struggling to renumber the menu_1024_768.ini file.
I have placed my SH3Menu_Renumber.exe program for you here:
http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/SH3Menu_Renumber.7z

This executable has its own instructions with the 7z file.
I have made this available to readers as a favour. The program comes with NO guarantees, except a guarantee that it contains nothing that will harm your computer deliberately, and it will only modify your menu_1024_768.ini file placed in the same folder. If your computer crashes, or your fridge magnets fall off, or your teeth develop cavities, I am not interested, OK?

Well, good luck everyone, again.
Stiebler.

Last edited by Stiebler; 07-27-12 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Typo
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote